Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-behave-turn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:15:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-behave-turn-04.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
This specification defines an extension of the Session Traversal
   Utilities for NAT (STUN) Protocol for asking the STUN server to relay
   packets towards a client.  This extension, called Traversal Using
   Relays around NAT (TURN), is useful for elements behind NATs whose
   mapping behavior is address and port dependent.  The extension
   purposefully restricts the ways in which the relayed address can be
   used.  In particular, it prevents users from running general purpose
   servers from ports obtained from the STUN server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-behave-turn-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:06:15 -0700

Some comments on this draft:

1. Section 5: "Note that the first octet is always distinguishable from
an unframed STUN request or response (which is always 0x00 or 0x01)."
This is true only if the method is > 0x03F.  STUN-07 is section 17.1
explicitly says that methods can be in the range 0x000 to 0x3FF.

2. Section 6.1.1.1: The reference to the Shared Secret request should be
removed as it was removed in STUN-07.  Same thing in section 6.1.1.2.

3. Section 7:  CONNECT_STAT should be CONNECT-STAT. Same thing in
sections 7.9 and 13.2.

4. Section 7.4: "It is padded with zeros if its length is not divisible
evenly by 4 octets."  STUN-7 now says (section 14) that "[t]he padding
bits are ignored, and may be any value."

5. Section 7.6: The names for the bit set in the fourth paragraph (Event
Port is a request...) do not match the list in the third paragraph.

Nits:

1. Section 6.1.1.2:  s/explict/explicit/

2. Section 10.1.2: s/REMOTE_ADDRESS/REMOTE-ADDRESS/

3. Section 12: s/Allcoate/Allocate/

Thanks.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [RFC1855-compliant space for rent ]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]