Subject: [BEHAVE] TURN Set Active Destination problem (again)

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:32:38 +0300

Hello,

About Set Active Destination over UDP, TURN-04 says:

   If the active destination is already set and the request was
   received over UDP, the Set Active Destination request is rejected
   with a 439 Active Destination Already Set error response.  This
   prevents the race condition described in the previous section.

If however, the successful response to a Set Active Destination request got 
lost, the request is retransmitted. But then, following the current rule, the 
server returns 439. Well, in theory, it must return a success response again, 
as it should see that the transaction ID is the same as a previous request, 
and apply the idempotency principle, but that's a impractical.

May I suggest that the server would return a successful response whenever it 
receives a Set Active Destination request where the REMOTE-ADDRESS is 
identical to the currently active destination?

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave