Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] RE: ICE performance

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:27:02 -0700

On Jul 19, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Philip Matthews wrote:

>
> I will just note that Saikat implemented port prediction in his TCP  
> study
> and found it worked pretty well.
>
> http://www.guha.cc/saikat/pub/imc05-tcpnat.pdf
>
> However, I think his setup was more of
> a test setup rather than a production setup.

I ddi some testing on port prediction awhile back and it worked out  
very poorly for me. Port prediction did not really work at all when  
you have thousands of users behind a single service provider NAT. The  
rate new flows on the NAT is just too fast. It also runs into serious  
problems when you starting having a single client behind a NAT but  
several things happen at the same time on the client. You might think  
the applications are not correlated but they turned out not to be -  
right when one was trying to set up nat pinholes at the start of the  
call was when - even another application - decided to do something  
else that was triggered by the call. 

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave