Subject: [BEHAVE] interim BEHAVE meeting on 6/4 translation

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:33:05 -0700

A virtual interim meeting for BEHAVE may be useful.

I propose a two hour meeting on Wednesday, May 20th at 7am Pacific Daylight
Time (-0700).  If this time poses a significant conflict please reply to
[email-masked].  Dialin conference bridge and screen sharing
will be arranged.

The agenda would include items such as:

  * 6/4 translation document organization
  * 6/4 translation on a host
  * IP fragmentation across a 6/4 translator
  * TCP MSS across a 6/4 translator

Please suggest additional agenda items.

-d

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:38:20 +0200

>  * TCP MSS across a 6/4 translator

Hm, do we really want to wait more than a month before hammering this  
out? I'd say either schedule a virtual meeting for next week or do  
this through email.

There are a few choices to be made with regard to fragmentation  
handling but I don't think those are hugely controversial, so we  
should be able to come to rough consensus if we can find a quorum of  
people who care enough to form an opinion...

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 03:09:00 -0700

> Hm, do we really want to wait more than a month before 
> hammering this out? I'd say either schedule a virtual meeting 
> for next week or do this through email.

Per http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt interim meetings
have to be announced four weeks prior to the meeting.

If we can resolve the proposed agenda items before the meeting, that's great!
But I expect we can find other agenda items.  If we don't need the meeting it
is easy to cancel:  nobody is out of pocket for hotel or airfare.

Based on our crowded schedule in San Francisco the group could utilize an
interim meeting.

> people who care enough to form an opinion...

Sure.  I'm not picking on fragmentation - I mostly wanted to get a few ideas
on an agenda for a month away.

I might propose 'prefix for Scenario 1' as a replacement agenda item.  It
still feels unresolved.

-d

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:09:54 +0200

> have to be announced four weeks prior to the meeting.

Correction, virtual ones like telephone conferences only need to be
announced 2 weeks ahead.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:28:41 -0700

Thanks for the correction.  I read it yesterday and thought only
small design teams needed that two week notice.

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Magnus Westerlund
> Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:10 AM
> To: Dan Wing
> Cc: 'Behave WG'; 'Dave Thaler'
> Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] interim BEHAVE meeting on 6/4 translation
> 
> Dan Wing skrev:
> > 
> > Per 
> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt 
> interim meetings
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave