Subject: [BEHAVE] A question for draft-huang-pnat-host-ipv6-01.txt

From: Dong Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:28:06 +0800

Hi Hui,

I have a confusion about PNAT44COM. Sorry if i miss something discussed previously.

In the draft, the definition of PNAT44COM is:
 -   PNAT44COM communication: When v4 application in the H1 need to
 -  communicate with v4 application in the H2.Or when v4 applicaiton in
 -  the H1 need to communicate with v4 application in the H3.
My question is if v4 application in the H1 initiates a communication with v4 application 
in the H3, how does the PNAT64 know the packet need not to be translated? I mean 
PNAT64 should be able to differentiate between the packet to H3 and the packet to H2.

Thanks a lot.

2009-08-19 

Dong Zhang

---

From: "Xiao, Lin (NSN - CN/Beijing)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:11:24 +0800

IMHO, all the applications in the IPv6 site using PNAT ( shown in Figure
1 of  draft-huang-pnat-host-ipv6-01.txt ) MUST register AAAA records in
the local DNSv6 no matter whether the applications are IPv4 or IPv6. So,
the access to the application of H3, even if the application is v4, the
packets are routed within the local pure IPv6 site naturally according
to the IPv6 address resolved from the local DNSv6. Only if the resolved
address is an IPv4 only address (i.e., the destination is outside the
site), the WKP is added to form a IPv6 destination address and all the
packets are required to go through PNAT64. Therefore, only outbound
traffic need go through the PNAT64, while the in site communication are
IPv6 automatically. However, the hosts with IPv4 applications must solve
the mapping between their internal IPv4 addresses and external IPv6
addresses.
 
BR
Lin Xiao

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of ext Dong Zhang
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:28 AM
To: denghui02
Cc: behave
Subject: [BEHAVE] A question for draft-huang-pnat-host-ipv6-01.txt

Hi Hui,
 
I have a confusion about PNAT44COM. Sorry if i miss something discussed
previously.
 
In the draft, the definition of PNAT44COM is:
 -   PNAT44COM communication: When v4 application in the H1 need to
 -  communicate with v4 application in the H2.Or when v4 applicaiton in
 -  the H1 need to communicate with v4 application in the H3.
My question is if v4 application in the H1 initiates a communication
with v4 application 
in the H3, how does the PNAT64 know the packet need not to be
translated? I mean 
PNAT64 should be able to differentiate between the packet to H3 and the
packet to H2.
 
Thanks a lot.
 
2009-08-19 
________________________________

Dong Zhang