Subject: [BEHAVE] BCP 150, RFC 5597 on Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements for the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 150        
        RFC 5597

        Title:      Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral 
                    Requirements for the Datagram Congestion Control 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     R. Denis-Courmont
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18933
        See Also:   BCP00150

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-dccp-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5597.txt

This document defines a set of requirements for NATs handling the
Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  These requirements
allow DCCP applications, such as streaming applications, to operate
consistently, and they are very similar to the TCP requirements for
NATs, which have already been published by the IETF.  Ensuring that
NATs meet this set of requirements will greatly increase the
likelihood that applications using DCCP will function properly.  This 
document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute