Subject: [BEHAVE] 2nd WGLC, draft-ietf-behave-address-format-04

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:16:20 -0800

** We need at least 5 reviewers to tell us this document is ready 
** for submission to IESG.  Please email [email-masked] 
** with a subject line containing the document name, and "ready 
** to submit to IESG" or "not ready to submit to IESG" in the 
** message body.  If not ready to submit, please propose new text.

This email starts the 2nd WGLC for draft-ietf-behave-address-format-04, ending
in one week (Friday, February 19).  For reference, the first WGLC was for
draft-ietf-behave-address-format-03.

Differences between 03 (first WGLC) and 04 (2nd WGLC) are:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-behave-address-format-03&url2=dr
aft-ietf-behave-address-format-04.txt

-d

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:12:53 +0800

Hi, All,

Recently, we have discussed the address format document with people who
wrote the code and did the testing for IPv4/IPv6 translator. Attached,
please find a file containing parts of section 3.3 and 3.5 with
modifications and comments.

(1) Some modifications are editorial for easier understanding.

(2) We suggest add a paragraph related the IPv4 and IPv6 address
architectures. It reads

Finally the usage of IPv4-Translatable IPv6 addresses SHOULD follow
both IPv6 address architecture as well as IPv4 address architecture.
The first IPv4-translatable address is the subnet-router anycast
address in IPv6 and network identifier in IPv4, the last IPv4-
translatable address is the subnet broadcast addresses in IPv4.
Both of them SHOULD NOT be used for IPv6 nodes. In addition,
to accommodate the IPv4 network address and broadcast address,
the minimum IPv4 subnet prefix length for hosts is /30 and this rule
SHOULD also be applied to the corresponding subnet of the IPv4-
translatable addresses. We will use this rule in section 3.5 for
selecting the Suffix.

We suggest including these changes in the next version of addres-format
document. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

xing, congxiao