Subject: [BEHAVE] two ideas

From: Dacheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:18:03 +0800

Hello, everybody:

After reading draft-wing-behave-dns64-config-02, I have two ideas here, and
hope to get your kindly comments:

1. In section 3.2, it is suggested to use DNSsec to disable DNS64. But in
order to deal with the circumstance where synthesized addresses have been
already encapsulated in AAAA records, maybe it is a good idea to specify a
new flag in the DNS answer containing an AAAA RR. The flag indicates that a
synthesized address is contained in the RR. An updated dual-stack host can
recognize it while conventional ones will just ignore the flag.

2. In the sections 3.5 and 3.6, solutions of using DHCP to identify dual
stack host are introduced. I want to know whether it is another feasible
solution to define an option for dual stack hosts. If such an option is
attached in a request from a host, the DHCP server will ensure that the host
has a dual-stack. 

What do you think of them?

BR ^_^

Dacheng