Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 6052 on IPv6 Addressing of IPv4/IPv6 Translators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6052

        Title:      IPv6 Addressing of IPv4/IPv6 Translators 
        Author:     C. Bao, C. Huitema,
                    M. Bagnulo, M. Boucadair,
                    X. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41849
        Updates:    RFC4291

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-address-format-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6052.txt

This document discusses the algorithmic translation of an IPv6
address to a corresponding IPv4 address, and vice versa, using only
statically configured information.  It defines a well-known prefix
for use in algorithmic translations, while allowing organizations to
also use network-specific prefixes when appropriate.  Algorithmic
translation is used in IPv4/IPv6 translators, as well as other types
of proxies and gateways (e.g., for DNS) used in IPv4/IPv6 scenarios.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC