Subject: [BEHAVE] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-06

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:24:34 +0100

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 november 2010 8:23:46 GMT+01:00
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-06 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-06.txt has been successfully submitted by Iljitsch van Beijnum and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-behave-ftp64
Revision:	 06
Title:		 An FTP ALG for IPv6-to-IPv4 translation
Creation_date:	 2010-11-04
WG ID:		 behave
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) has a very long history, and despite
the fact that today, other options exist to perform file transfers,
FTP is still in common use.  As such, it is important that in the
situation where some client computers only have IPv6 connectivity
while many servers are still IPv4-only and IPv6-to-IPv4 translators
are used to bridge that gap, FTP is made to work through these
translators as best it can.

FTP has an active and a passive mode, both as original commands that
are IPv4-specific, and as extended, IP version agnostic commands.
The only FTP mode that works without changes through an IPv6-to-IPv4
translator is extended passive.  However, many existing FTP servers
do not support this mode, and some clients do not ask for it.  This
document specifies a middlebox that may solve this mismatch.

The IETF Secretariat.