Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:57:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Common requirements for Carrier Grade NATs (CGNs)
	Author(s)       : Simon Perreault
                          Ikuhei Yamagata
                          Shin Miyakawa
                          Akira Nakagawa
                          Hiroyuki Ashida
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-11-30

   This document defines common requirements for Carrier-Grade NAT
   (CGN).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-05.txt

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:59:40 -0500

>     This document defines common requirements for Carrier-Grade NAT

This revision addresses comments received during WGLC. Here is the change log:

    o  Removed DSCP requirement since it applies to non-CG NATs as well.

    o  Removed instances of "NAT444".

    o  Filtering has no effect on the requirement for a hold down pool.
       Removed REQ-8-B.

    o  Statically assigned port ranges do not need to go in the hold down
       pool.  Added a new REQ-8-B.

    o  Fixed various nits.  More precise text in some places.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca