Subject: [BEHAVE] Notifications and logs

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 06:55:21 -0400

On the issue of notifications and logs, I had two responses on the 
OPSAWG list. Both said the operator should have a choice of which to 
deploy. In other words, the notifications and logs should both be defined.

Because of the way I framed the question, this opinion is orthogonal to 
the matter of whether the Event MIB could be used instead of 
notifications in the NAT MIB.

Tom Taylor

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:18:15 +0200

> deploy. In other words, the notifications and logs should both be defined.

I think this is useful guidance. There was a third response on the 
BEHAVE mailing list going in the same direction.

> notifications in the NAT MIB.

Until anyone shows how this can be done with the Event MIB, I'm working 
under the assumption that we need notifications in the NAT MIB.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca