Subject: [BEHAVE] NAT MIB: Missing link between natPoolEntry and natPoolRangeTable

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 21:28:20 -0400

I'm doing the NAT MIB issue tracker at last, after getting a bunch of 
other stuff out of the way. I noticed that there is no current link 
between natPoolEntry and natPoolRangeTable. I assume there should be. 
I've classed this as a minor issue, resolvable by the design team with 
report back to the list.

Tom Taylor

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 17:06:31 +0200

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I noticed that there is no current link between natPoolEntry and
> natPoolRangeTable.

Is this not what you're looking for?

   natPoolRangePoolIndex OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX NatPoolId
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
           "Index of the address pool to which this address range
            belongs.  See natPoolIndex."
       ::= { natPoolRangeEntry 1 }

Simon

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 15:41:34 -0400

I expected it in the opposite direction. What I really have in mind is 
David Harrington's comment in Behave Tracker #17:

"I'm not convinced you need the extra hierarchy of natCounters and 
natLimits and natPoolObjects, but I can live with it."

I've listed natCounters and natPoolObjects as minor issues for us to 
resolve. The basic question in this case is whether simply to fold the 
range entries into natPoolObjects.

Tom

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 21:54:06 +0200

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I expected it in the opposite direction.

I don't see how that would be possible. A pool can have multiple ranges,
but a range always belongs to a single pool...

> What I really have in mind is David Harrington's comment in Behave Tracker
> #17:
>

Yeah, we don't strictly "need" it.

The basic question in this case is whether simply to fold the range entries
> into natPoolObjects.

The range entries table is already part of natPoolObjects:

   natPoolRangeTable OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF NatPoolRangeEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
           "This table contains address ranges used by pool entries."
       ::= { natPoolObjects 2 }

Simon