Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 05:11:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS of the IETF.

        Title           : Operational Aspects of Proxy-ARP/ND in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Greg Hankins
                          Thomas King
                          Daniel Melzer
                          Erik Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-10-03

Abstract:
   The MAC/IP Advertisement route specified in [RFC7432] can optionally
   carry IPv4 and IPv6 addresses associated with a MAC address. Remote
   PEs can use this information to reply locally (act as proxy) to IPv4
   ARP requests and IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation messages (or 'unicast-
   forward' them to the owner of the MAC) and reduce/suppress the
   flooding produced by the Address Resolution procedure. This EVPN
   capability is extremely useful in Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) and
   Data Centers (DCs) with large broadcast domains, where the amount of
   ARP/ND flooded traffic causes issues on routers and CEs, as explained
   in [RFC6820]. This document describes how the [RFC7432] EVPN proxy-
   ARP/ND function may be implemented to help IXPs and other operators
   deal with the issues derived from Address Resolution in large
   broadcast domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/