Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-06.txt> (Interconnect Solution for EVPN Overlay networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:28:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Interconnect Solution for EVPN Overlay
networks'
  <draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO) can
   be connected to a Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to extend the
   layer-2 connectivity required for some tenants. The solution analyzes
   the interaction between NVO networks running Ethernet Virtual Private
   Networks (EVPN) and other L2VPN technologies used in the WAN, such as
   Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS), VPLS extensions for Provider
   Backbone Bridging (PBB-VPLS), EVPN or PBB-EVPN. It also describes how
   the existing Technical Specifications apply to the Interconnection
   and extends the EVPN procedures needed in some cases. In particular,
   this document describes how EVPN routes are processed on Gateways
   (GWs) that interconnect EVPN-Overlay and EVPN-MPLS networks, as well
   as the Interconnect Ethernet Segment (I-ES) to provide multi-homing,
   and the use of the Unknown MAC route to avoid MAC scale issues on
   Data Center Network Virtualization Edge (NVE) devices.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2586/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2951/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7041: Extensions to the Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) Provider Edge (PE) Model for Provider Backbone Bridging (Informational - IETF stream)