Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp-03.txt> (Extensions to BGP Signaled Pseudowires to support Flow-Aware Transport Labels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:26:58 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Extensions to BGP Signaled Pseudowires to
support Flow-Aware Transport
   Labels'
  <draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft defines protocol extensions required to synchronize flow
   label states among PEs when using the BGP-based signaling procedures.
   These protocol extensions are equally applicable to point-to-point
   Layer2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs). This draft updates RFC 4761
   by defining new flags in the Control Flags field of the Layer2 Info
   Extended Community.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.