Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 04:05:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Interconnect Solution for EVPN Overlay networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Ali Sajassi
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-08.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2018-02-08

Abstract:
   This document describes how Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO) can
   be connected to a Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to extend the
   layer-2 connectivity required for some tenants. The solution analyzes
   the interaction between NVO networks running Ethernet Virtual Private
   Networks (EVPN) and other L2VPN technologies used in the WAN, such as
   Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS), VPLS extensions for Provider
   Backbone Bridging (PBB-VPLS), EVPN or PBB-EVPN. It also describes how
   the existing Technical Specifications apply to the Interconnection
   and extends the EVPN procedures needed in some cases. In particular,
   this document describes how EVPN routes are processed on Gateways
   (GWs) that interconnect EVPN-Overlay and EVPN-MPLS networks, as well
   as the Interconnect Ethernet Segment (I-ES) to provide multi-homing,
   and the use of the Unknown MAC route to avoid MAC scale issues on
   Data Center Network Virtualization Edge (NVE) devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/