Subject: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 08:11:12 -0800

Dear bess WG:

As you know, Martin has been selected as a Routing AD starting next month
at IETF 101 in London.  As a result, he will be stepping down as bess
co-chair.  Martin: thank you for all the work and time you have dedicated
to the WG — we all look forward to working with you in your new role.
Congratulations!

In consultation with Stephane and the other ADs, we have asked Matthew
Bocci to take on the role of bess Co-Chair.  Matthew is an experienced
Chair (he is also the Co-Chair of nvo3, and has served in other WGs) and
has been participating in the IETF for over a decade.

I am adding Matthew as a third Chair to facilitate the transition.  The
expectation is that he will fully take over for Martin at IETF 101.
Welcome Matthew!

Matthew can be reached at [email-masked].

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:27:33 +0000

Martin, thank you for all your work and efforts for this WG and reviewing/ shepherding many drafts.

Matthew, welcome to BESS.

Cheers,
Ali

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Dear bess WG:

As you know, Martin has been selected as a Routing AD starting next month at IETF 101 in London.  As a result, he will be stepping down as bess co-chair.  Martin: thank you for all the work and time you have dedicated to the WG — we all look forward to working with you in your new role.  Congratulations!

In consultation with Stephane and the other ADs, we have asked Matthew Bocci to take on the role of bess Co-Chair.  Matthew is an experienced Chair (he is also the Co-Chair of nvo3, and has served in other WGs) and has been participating in the IETF for over a decade.

I am adding Matthew as a third Chair to facilitate the transition.  The expectation is that he will fully take over for Martin at IETF 101.  Welcome Matthew!

Matthew can be reached at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Satya Mohanty (satyamoh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:29:44 +0000

Second that.
Thanks Martin for all the work that you undertook while being chair.

Best Regards,
—Satya

From: BESS <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9:27 AM
To: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Cheers,
Ali

From: BESS <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Dear bess WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:40:34 +0000

+1

Excellent job, Martin, thank you very much for your time and dedication!

Jorge

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of "Satya Mohanty (satyamoh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7:29 PM
To: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Second that.

Best Regards,
—Satya

Cheers,
Ali

Dear bess WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Henderickx, Wim (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:58:07 +0000

Thx for all the hard work Martin and enjoy the new endeavour.

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of Jorge Rabadan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 19:40
To: "Satya Mohanty (satyamoh)" <[email-masked]>, Ali Sajassi <[email-masked]>, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

+1

Jorge

Second that.

Best Regards,
—Satya

Cheers,
Ali

Dear bess WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:00:37 -0800

Martin - thank for all the great work done!

Matthew – welcome!

Cheers,

Jeff

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 08:11
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Dear bess WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

_______________________________________________ BESS mailing list [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess

---

From: Gaurav Dawra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:03:50 -0800

Martin, Thanks for all your help and for being great WG Chair on multiple
documents.

Welcome, Matthew!

Cheers,

Gaurav

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> BESS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess
>
>

---

From: "Dolganow, Andrew (Nokia - SG/Singapore)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 00:30:51 +0000

Martin, thanks for all the hard work at BESS and all the best in a new role.

Mathew, welcome to BESS

Andrew

From: BESS <[email-masked]> on behalf of Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 12:11 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [bess] New bess WG Co-Chair

Dear bess WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.