Subject: [bess] Document Action: 'Usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based Ethernet VPN' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:58:44 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based Ethernet VPN'
  (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage/

Technical Summary

   This document discusses the usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in a simple and fairly common deployment
   scenario. The different EVPN procedures are explained on the example
   scenario, analyzing the benefits and trade-offs of each option. This
   document is intended to provide a simplified guide for the deployment
   of EVPN networks.

Working Group Summary

  Not much to report, except that there is support from the WG.

Document Quality

  There are multiple implementations of the EVPN technology.
  This Document describes in a clear manner the use of the EVPN 
  technology building blocks and components.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director