Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Extensions to BGP Signaled Pseudowires to support Flow-Aware Transport Labels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:12:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to BGP Signaled Pseudowires to support Flow-Aware Transport
   Labels'
  (draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp/

Technical Summary

   This draft defines protocol extensions required to synchronize flow
   label states among PEs when using the BGP-based signaling procedures.
   These protocol extensions are equally applicable to point-to-point
   Layer2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs). This draft updates RFC 4761
   by defining new flags in the Control Flags field of the Layer2 Info
   Extended Community.

Working Group Summary

  Normal process, nothing special to highlight.

Document Quality

  At least one implementation exists. The Document is fairly simple.

Personnel

   Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD