Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 15:29:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Domain Interconnection
        Authors         : John Drake
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Eric Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-05-02

Abstract:
   Data centers have become critical components of the infrastructure
   used by network operators to provide services to their customers.
   Data centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by
   gateway routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway
   for commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.

   Segment routing is a popular protocol mechanism for operating within
   a data center, but also for steering traffic that flows between two
   data center sites.  In order that one data center site may load
   balance the traffic it sends to another data center site it needs to
   know the complete set of gateway routers at the remote data center,
   the points of connection from those gateways to the backbone network,
   and the connectivity across the backbone network.

   Segment routing may also be operated in other domains, such as access
   networks.  Those domains also need to be connected across backbone
   networks through gateways.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow each gateway router to advertise the routes to the
   prefixes in the segment routing domains to which it provides access,
   and also to advertise on behalf of each other gateway to the same
   segment routing domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 23:36:38 +0100

Hi BESS,

Mainly a keep-alive on this draft. A couple of insignificant tweaks.

We think this draft is in a circling pattern until two references have
progressed through IDR:
- draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe
- draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 02 May 2018 23:30
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-01.txt
> 
> 
>         Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for
Segment
> Routing Enabled Domain Interconnection
>         Authors         : John Drake
>                           Adrian Farrel
>                           Eric Rosen
>                           Keyur Patel
>                           Luay Jalil
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt