Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 07:06:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Control Plane for NSH SFC
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Eric Rosen
                          Jim Uttaro
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-11.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2019-05-30

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of BGP as a control plane for
   networks that support Service Function Chaining (SFC).  The document
   introduces a new BGP address family called the SFC AFI/SAFI with two
   route types.  One route type is originated by a node to advertise
   that it hosts a particular instance of a specified service function.
   This route type also provides "instructions" on how to send a packet
   to the hosting node in a way that indicates that the service function
   has to be applied to the packet.  The other route type is used by a
   Controller to advertise the paths of "chains" of service functions,
   and to give a unique designator to each such path so that they can be
   used in conjunction with the Network Service Header defined in RFC
   8300.

   This document adopts the SFC architecture described in RFC 7665.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/