Subject: [bess] Robert Wilton's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-06: (with DISCUSS)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 13:44:33 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Hopefully a relatively easy discuss to resolve and this might just be my
ignorance here:

Section 2 states that I flag is used for an immutable ARP/ND Binding which is
for a configured ARP/ND entry.

Section 3.2 Reception of the EVPN ARP/ND Extended Community, has the following
text:

      *  Receiving multiple EVPN MAC/IP Advertisement routes with I=1
         for the same IP but different MAC is considered a
         misconfiguration.

But wouldn't this scenario occur if the configured ARP/ND entry was changed to
point to a new MAC address?

Regards,
Rob