Subject: Re: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 05:43:05 +0000

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your comments. Please see my replies inline marked with [AS]:

On 7/15/20, 6:45 PM, "BESS on behalf of Roman Danyliw via Datatracker" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09: No Objection

    When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
    email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
    introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding/

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMENT:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Erik Kline

    I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Alvaro Retana

    I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Ben Kaduk

    Not much to add to the feedback of my peer ADs.

    ** Please respond to the SECDIR feedback (and thank you Chris Lonvick for doing
    it!)

    ** Section 11.  As there is nothing documented to prevent this approach from
    being used across administrative domains with different policies (i.e., there
    is no applicability statement or normative language providing caution from
    being used outside of the commonly reference data center use case) or any
    security assumptions made about the elements involved, please reiterate that
    there are no inherent security services being provided to protect the traffic. 
    If this is desired it should provide through other means.

[AS] I added a paragraph to section 11 per another feedback to address this. It is reflected in rev10. 

Cheers,
Ali

    _______________________________________________
    BESS mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess

---

From: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:58:01 +0000

Hi Ali!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ali Sajassi (sajassi) <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:43 AM
> To: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>; The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-
> subnet-forwarding-09: (with COMMENT)
> 
> 
> Hi Roman,
> 
> On 7/15/20, 6:45 PM, "BESS on behalf of Roman Danyliw via Datatracker"
> <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thanks for this new clarifying language in Section 11.

Regards,
Roman