Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:45:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover
        Authors         : Thomas Morin
                          Robert Kebler
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-10-28

Abstract:
   This document defines multicast VPN extensions and procedures that
   allow fast failover for upstream failures by allowing downstream PEs
   to consider the status of Provider-Tunnels (P-tunnels) when selecting
   the upstream PE for a VPN multicast flow.  The fast failover is
   enabled by using RFC 8562 BFD for Multipoint Networks and the new BGP
   Attribute - BFD Discriminator.  Also, the document introduces a new
   BGP Community, Standby PE, extending BGP MVPN routing so that a
   C-multicast route can be advertised toward a Standby Upstream PE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:47:23 -0700

Dear All,
updates address comments from the RtgDir review by Adrian Farrel.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 6:45 PM
Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-12.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
BESS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess