Subject: [bess] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 12:23:20 -0800

Dear All,
updates included in this version address comments received earlier in the
SecDir review. Many thanks to Daniel for his helpful comments and the great
discussion. To the best of my knowledge, all comments received from RtgDir
and SecDir reviews have been addressed.
Please let the authors know if there are any remaining issues.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 12:19 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Thomas Morin <
[email-masked]>, Robert Kebler <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover
Revision:       13
Title:          Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover
Document date:  2020-11-15
Group:          bess
Pages:          24
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-13

Abstract:
   This document defines multicast VPN extensions and procedures that
   allow fast failover for upstream failures by allowing downstream PEs
   to consider the status of Provider-Tunnels (P-tunnels) when selecting
   the upstream PE for a VPN multicast flow.  The fast failover is
   enabled by using RFC 8562 BFD for Multipoint Networks and the new BGP
   Attribute - BFD Discriminator.  Also, the document introduces a new
   BGP Community, Standby PE, extending BGP Multicast VPN routing so
   that a C-multicast route can be advertised toward a Standby Upstream
   PE.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat