Subject: [bess] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 16:52:50 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for addressing my discuss (and comment!) points.

Given what I have read so far in Alvaro's ballot thread, I had expected
the Reserved field to be removed from the BFD Discriminator attribute
format, but I will let that play out in Alvaro's ballot thread.

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 17:59:57 -0800

Hi Ben,
happy Holidays!
The Reserved field, resulting from our discussion with Jeff Haas, is gone
in the working version of the document:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |    BFD Mode   |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                       BFD Discriminator                       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      ~                         Optional TLVs                         ~
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Thank you for your comments and discussion.

Regards,
Greg