Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-04.txt> (EVPN Operations, Administration and Maintenance Requirements and Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 08:10:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'EVPN Operations, Administration and
Maintenance Requirements and
   Framework'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the requirements and reference framework for
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM).
   The requirements cover the OAM aspects of EVPN and PBB-EVPN.  The
   framework defines the layered OAM model encompassing the EVPN service
   layer, network layer and underlying Packet Switched Network (PSN)
   transport layer.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.