Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 03:37:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PBB-EVPN ISID-based CMAC-Flush
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          M. Miyake
                          T. Matsuda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2021-11-18

Abstract:
   Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB) can be combined with Ethernet VPN
   (EVPN) to deploy Ethernet Local Area Network (ELAN) services in large
   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks (PBB-EVPN).  Single-
   Active Multi-homing and per-I-SID (per Service Instance Identifier)
   Load-Balancing can be provided to access devices and aggregation
   networks.  In order to speed up the network convergence in case of
   failures on Single-Active Multi-Homed Ethernet Segments, PBB-EVPN
   defines a flush mechanism for Customer MACs (CMAC-flush) that works
   for different Ethernet Segment Backbone MAC (BMAC) address allocation
   models.  This document complements those CMAC-flush procedures for
   cases in which no PBB-EVPN Ethernet Segments are defined (the
   attachment circuit is associated to a zero Ethernet Segment
   Identifier) and a Service Instance Identifier based (I-SID-based)
   CMAC-flush granularity is required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/