Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 07:12:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Optimized Ingress Replication solution for Ethernet VPN (EVPN)
        Authors         : J. Rabadan
                          S. Sathappan
                          W. Lin
                          M. Katiyar
                          A. Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-10.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2021-11-08

Abstract:
   Network Virtualization Overlay networks using Ethernet VPN (EVPN) as
   control plane may use Ingress Replication or PIM (Protocol
   Independent Multicast)-based trees to convey the overlay Broadcast,
   Unknown unicast and Multicast (BUM) traffic.  PIM provides an
   efficient solution to avoid sending multiple copies of the same
   packet over the same physical link, however it may not always be
   deployed in the Network Virtualization Overlay core network.  Ingress
   Replication avoids the dependency on PIM in the Network
   Virtualization Overlay network core.  While Ingress Replication
   provides a simple multicast transport, some Network Virtualization
   Overlay networks with demanding multicast applications require a more
   efficient solution without PIM in the core.  This document describes
   a solution to optimize the efficiency of Ingress Replication trees.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/