Subject: [bfcpbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:33:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis  Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)
	Author(s)       : Tom Kristensen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 85
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
   shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
   Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
   conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
   and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.

   This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
   BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
   and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
   servers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4582.  Changes from RFC 4582 are
   summarized in section 16.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02.txt

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:52:26 +0100

>     summarized in section 16.
The draft is now restructured as agreed in the interim meeting and 
(silently) confirmed on list, i.e. diff style changes merged in from the 
-01 version of the draft. No technical changes in the extensions for 
reliable transport, just some minor - more editorial - clarifications of 
the text.

The tools page diff tool seems to work fine. Changes from RFC 4582 
displayed side-by-side this way:
<URL: 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02.txt&url1=http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4582.txt 

The (non-normative) overview of changes from RFC 4582 is contained in 
Section 16:
<URL: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02#section-16 >

Please, review and provide any comments that will make this overview of 
changes more useful and clear.

When creating the XML equivalent to RFC 4582 - as starting point, I 
stumbled upon a couple of typos and bugs in the final RFC 4582. These 
are listed in Section 16. I will especially ask for review and 
confirmation of the last fix in the list:

Corrected attribute type  (Section 13.1.1  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-02#section-13.1.1>):
       Change from PARTICIPANT-PROVIDED-INFO to PRIORITY attributed in
       the ninth paragraph, since the note below describes priority and
       that the last paragraph deals with PARTICIPANT-PROVIDED-INFO.

-- Tom

---

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:20:39 +0100

> On 03/12/2012 11:33 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

[...]
> reliable transport, just some minor - more editorial - clarifications of

Corrections:

- The extensions is of course for unreliable transport, not reliable
transport as stated above!

- The addition of the new "unsupported version" error code is a
technical change, and was announced separately on this list.

-- Tom

-- 
# Cisco                         |  http://www.cisco.com/telepresence/
## [email-masked]  |  http://www.tandberg.com
###                               |  http://folk.uio.no/tomkri/