Subject: [bfcpbis] WGLC on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-sdp-ws-uri-01

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:55:12 +0000

This is to announce a 2 week WGLC on the draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-sdp-ws-uri-01

Please review and provide any comments by Monday, March 28, 2016.
Comments should be sent to the authors and the BFCPBIS WG list.
If you review the draft but do not have any comments, please send a note to that effect as well.

Thanks,
Charles

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:34:51 -0400

Generally in good shape. A few comments:

* Section 3.2 says:

    This section defines a new SDP media-level attribute, 'ws-uri' which
    can appear in any of the media lines.

But this cannot appear in any media *line*. I think you mean it can 
appear in any media *section*.

This also applies to section 3.3.

* Section 4.1:

The text here says that the *answerer* "MUST add an "a=ws-uri" or 
"a=wss-uri" attribute". But Section 4.2 admits the possibility that the 
offerer might be the server. Clearly it is the *server* side that needs 
to include "a=ws-uri" or "a=wss-uri", regardless of whether that side is 
offerer or answerer.

I can see how this might be important, such as in cases where a UAC 
sends an offerless invite to the server and the server wants to use 
BFCP. And the "client" might not be *able* to act as a web server. The 
possibility of this case should also be discussed elsewhere in the document.

Also, this section has some problems in use of terminology: The 
construct "add an ... attribute in the "m=" line of each media-line ..." 
makes no sense. Perhaps what you mean is: "add an ... attribute in the 
media-section".

* Section 4.5:

It would be good to mention the use of "a=connection:existing" for 
websocket reuse.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 3/13/16 12:55 PM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> bfcpbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bfcpbis
>