Subject: [bgmp] BGMP and MBGP

From: "Paul Jak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 05:58:51 GMT

Hi,
I was curious as to what purpose does the MBGP actually
serve. I was always led to believe that MBGP is able to
carry both IPv4 and IPv6 routes in BGP. If that is true then
what is the need for BGMP. 

Or rather i understand that BGMP came into picture coz PIM
and other multicast routing protocols cant scale well in
between AS's .. my question is then what are the multicast
routes which are carried by MBGP?

Please help me in clarifying these doubts.

Regards,
Paul Jak
_____________________________________________________________________
// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing 
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com
_______________________________________________
bgmp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/bgmp