Subject: [Bier] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 07:00:27 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-mvpn/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:
This document really needs to minimally acknowledge in the security
considerations that it is using "VPN" in 4364 sense and not in the sense that
it provides actual privacy against network attackers in the Internet Threat
Model. It may be hidden somewhere in the references, but I think this document
ought to state it explicitly. I'm balloting No-Objection rather than DISCUSS
because I think this is easily addressed and trust the ADs to handle it.