Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-php-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 12:08:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER Penultimate Hop Popping
        Author          : Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-php-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-05-29

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) can be used as provider tunnel
   for MVPN/GTM [RFC6514] [RFC7716] or EVPN BUM [RFC7432].  It is
   possible that not all routers in the provider network support BIER
   and there are various methods to handle BIER incapable transit
   routers.  However the MVPN/EVPN PEs are assumed to be BIER capable -
   they are BFIRs/BFERs.  This document specifies a method to allow BIER
   incapable routers to act as MVPN/EVPN PEs with BIER as the transport,
   by having the upstream BFR (connected directly or indirectly via a
   tunnel) of a PE remove the BIER header and send the payload to the
   PE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-php/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-php-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-php-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-php-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/