Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 07:17:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER IPv6 Requirements
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Jingrong Xie
                          Senthil Dhanaraj
                          Rajiv Asati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-05-29

Abstract:
   The BIER WG has a charter item to work on mechanisms which use BIER
   natively in IPv6.  This document is intended to help the WG with this
   effort by specifying requirements for transporting packets, with Bit
   Index Explicit Replication (BIER) headers, in an IPv6 environment.
   There will be a need to send IPv6 payloads, to multiple IPv6
   destinations, using BIER.  There have been several proposed solutions
   in this area.  But there hasn't been a document which describes the
   problem and lists the requirements.  The goal of this document is to
   describe the BIER IPv6 requirements and summarize the pro's and con's
   of the proposed solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/