Subject: Re: [BLISS] Recall INVITE identification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:51:35 -0500

From: "Steve Langstaff" <[email-masked]>

   Excuse my ignorance (I have not been following this discussion closely),
   but in methods B and C, what if the caller and/or callee do not have an
   E.164 number?

In a version that I composed (which I do not know if it's in the
latest draft), I proposed to change the method from being based on the
caller's and callee's E.164 number to the caller's and callee's URIs.
The assumption is that any PSTN gateway constellation will all use the
same algorithm for converting E.164 numbers to URI, so the new method
has the same uniqueness properties as the method using E.164 numbers.
But since all INVITEs have caller's and callee's URIs, it can work for
calls not originating from the PSTN.

Dale
_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss