Subject: [BLISS] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-06.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as shared appearances of an Address
of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.  This
feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This feature
allows several user agents (UAs) to share a common AOR, learn about
calls placed and received by other UAs in the group, and pick up or
join calls within the group.  This document discusses use cases,
lists requirements and defines extensions to implement this feature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:36:38 -0500

All,

I have updated the Shared Appearances draft.  I think this version
closes all the open issues and addresses all the post WGLC comments.

At a high level, the following changes were made:

- Appearance number is now a positive integer, and added a
recommendation that the number be rendered to the user (explicitly or
implicitly)
- Added a Usage Scenario for changing UAs.
- Updated for new Alert-Info URN syntax
- Added use case for a dialog without an appearance number for calls to
fetch 'service media' such as music on hold implemented using approaches
such as [I-D.worley-service-example].
- Added handling for appearance seizure abandonment
- Discussed freeing up appearance number if an INVITE is proxied to
another AOR.
- Noted that only one appearance parameter can appear in an Alert-Info
header field.

See the diff for the full details.

Comments and feedback most welcome!

- Alan -

On 7/12/10 4:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt