Subject: Changes to current firewall draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 98 10:27:24 -0500

Following up on Kevin's good example, here is a summary of changes to the BMWG 
firewall performance testing draft in moving from version 1 to version 2. I'll 
discuss these changes at the WG meeting.

Section 3.3 - Connection: added.

Section 3.6  (version 1) - Dual-homed: deleted

Section 3.7 - Firewall: added

Section 3.8 - Forwarding rate: added

Section 3.9 - Goodput: added

Section 3.11 - Logging: added

Section 3.12 - Network address translation: added

Section 3.17 - Proxies: added characterization

Section 3.20 - Session: added new section

Section 3.21 - Stateful inspection removed and replaced with stateful packet 
filter

Section 3.23 - External network removed and replaced with unprotected network

Section 3.24 - User: added new section

Section 4. - Security considerations: Expanded discussion.

Thanks as always for your comments. See you in LA.

dn