Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:40:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Benchmarking Terminology for Firewall Performance
	Author(s)	: D. Newman, H. Holzbaur, J. Hurd, S. Platt
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 07-Jul-98
	
This document defines terms used in measuring the performance of   firewalls. It extends the terminology already used for benchmarking   routers and switches and adds terminology specific to firewalls. The   primary metrics defined in this document are maximum forwarding rate   and maximum number of connections.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.