Subject: [bmwg] OSPF Convergence draft-manral-ospfconv-intraarea-00

From: "Singh, Gurpreet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:28:24 -1000

In reference to the OSPF convergence draft. 

Flooding Time Measurement

 In the topology 2 

(1) What is the purpose of subtracting the time the LSA received by
Collector  directly from the Generator from the time the LSA packet is
received from Generator through the DUT. Is it to nullify the transmission
time.

Also for the flooding measurements, getting the two measurements would for
the last LSA packet and first LSA packet, would it give an indication of
flooding time.

I am not sue if i am interpretting it correctly.

Is it possible to measure the flooding measurement as follows.

(1) Measure time between the first LSA send by the generator and last packet
received by the collector on the Path between Generator and Collector.
(2) Measure the time between the first LSA send by the generator and last
packet received by the collector on the Path between Generator and Collector
through the DUT.

Subtracting (1) - (2) will give the flooding time for the LSA's taking care
of the transmission delays and LSA generation time by the generator.

Regards

Gurpreet

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg