Subject: [bmwg] draft-ietf-bmwg-firewall-04 draft changes

From: "Hickman, Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:45:48 -0700

The following is a summary of the changes from the
draft-ietf-bmwg-firewall-03.txt revision to the
draft-ietf-bmwg-firewall-04.txt. Note that unless specified, the referenced
section numbers reflect the
-04 document. 

New sections Added:

IP Throughput(Section 5.1)

Maximum TCP Connection Tear Down Rate(Section 5.4).

HTTP Concurrent Transaction Capacity(Section 5.7)

HTTP Transaction Rate(Section 5.8)

Added sections B and C to Appendix defining how connection establishment
times
and connection tear down times are to be measured, including TCP. All tests
which specify making establishment time or tear down time measurements
reference
appendix B or C respectively. 

Modifications:

Combined connection establishment time(Section 5.3 of -03 draft) test with
the maximum TCP connection capacity test (Section 5.2) and maximum
connection
rate test(Section 5.3). Both the connection capacity and maximum connection
rate tests specify the establishment times to be measured.

Combined connection Tear Down Time(Section 5.4 of -03 draft) into the
Maximum TCP
Connection Tear Down Rate Test(section 5.4). Connection tear down tear rate
test
specifies making connection tear down time measurements.

Clarified section 5.6.4.2 of the HTTP transfer rate test. Specifically, test
specifies that the goodput measurement be performed for all
connection-oriented
protocols at or below the transport layer. 

Please provide any and all comments, in particular on the added sections, as
soon as
possible. I would like to get any comments incorporated by the upcoming ietf
conference.