Subject: [bmwg] New version of BGP Convergence terminology draft posted

From: "Elwyn Davies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:30:03 +0100

Hi.

A new version of this draft (draft-ietf-bmwg-conterm-03.txt) has been sent
to the I-D editors today.

This version reflects the two editorial changes which were notified during
the recent WG last call for this document.

Given that no matters of substance were raised during WG last call, this
version will be submitted to the IESG for approval as an Informational RFC.

Regards,
Elwyn Davies (editor)

Changes from -02 to -03:

Section 4.5.2, Discussion part:
The two highlighted acronyms were previously both NRAI:

   Discussion:
              Given that a BGP instance may manage in excess of 100,000
              routes, RFC 1771 allows for a degree of optimization in
              order to limit the number of timers needed. The MRAI does
                                                              ****
              not apply to routes received from BGP speakers in the same
              AS or to explicit withdrawals.

              RFC 1771 also recommends that random jitter is applied to
              MRAI in an attempt to avoid synchronization effects
              between the BGP instances in a network.

              In this document we define RIB convergence by measuring
              the time an NLRI is advertised to the DUT to the time it
                          ****
              is advertised from the DUT.  Clearly any delay inserted by
              the MRAI will have a significant effect on this
              measurement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

Elwyn B Davies

        Routing and Addressing Strategy Prime
        Portfolio Integration			Solutions Ready		

        Nortel Networks plc			Email:
[email-masked]
        Harlow Laboratories     			ESN
6-742-5498
        London Road, Harlow,    		Direct Line
+44-1279-405498
        Essex, CM17 9NA, UK     		Fax
+44-1279-402047
        Registered Office: 			Maidenhead Office Park,
Westacott Way,
        Company No. 3937799			Maidenhead, Berkshire, SSL6
3QH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel Networks plc so
any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly
prohibited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Folly is mostly mine"
and the opinions are mine and not those of my employer.
============================================================================
======