Subject: [bmwg] List of Action Items for IGP Data Plane Convergence

From: Scott Poretsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:36:17 -0400

BMWG-ers,

Our action items for IGP Data Plane Convergence are listed below.  Did we 
forget any? Target completion for posting is 8/30.

Scott/Brent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terminology Draft
* Add global statement that metrics are externally observable
* Add new terms: Packet Sampling Interval, Convergence Start Time, 
Convergence End Time, and Restoration Convergence Time
* Change terms to match those suggested on mailing list (and used in slides 
5 and 6):
            Full Convergence Time -> Rate-Derived Convergence Time
            Average Convergence Time -> Loss-Derived Convergence Time
            Route Convergence Event Slope -> Route Convergence Event 
Transition           	  	- Route Convergence Recovery Slope -> Route 
Convergence Recovery Transition
       	 Reroute Convergence Time -> Route Convergence Time
           (Definitions are not changing  only terms are changing)

Methodology Draft
* Add Reporting Format with Packet Sampling Interval, IGP Timer values, 
fixed packet size, offered load, and FIB size used and results for 
Rate-Derived Convergence Time and Loss-Derived Convergence Time, and 
Restoration Convergence Time.
* Add test case for convergence time with ECMP
* Add test case for convergence time upon enabling link
* Add suggested values for IGP Timers to “Test Considerations” section
* Add “Guidelines for Packet Sampling Interval” to “Test Considerations” 
section

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg