Subject: RE: [bmwg] WG Last Call: New Work Proposal on Test Traffic Addressing & Data Payloads

From: "Dunn, Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:43:16 -0400

Colleagues,

I strongly support this document as it addresses a fundamental flaw in
the reporting of test results.

Best Regards,
 
Jeffrey Dunn
System Test Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Kevin Dubray
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 4:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call: New Work Proposal on Test Traffic
Addressing & Data Payloads

BMWG:

It has been proposed that the BMWG support a new work item
relative to the following individually-submitted Internet-Draft:

"Hash and Stuffing: Overlooked Factors in Network Device Benchmarking"

A link to this I-D can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-hash-stuffing-00.txt

If accepted, the goal of this new WG work item would be to produce
a document that addresses shortcomings of the existing BMWG
methodologies with respect to test traffic addressing and contents. 
Moreover, the document will specify changes to the benchmark
heuristics in order to ameliorate those shortcomings.

The proposal was initially discussed in the BMWG session at IETF60,
San Diego. See section 5 of the BMWG minutes in the Proceedings:
    http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/04aug/162.htm#cmr

The attendees of this meeting believed the proposal was worthwhile
and merited consideration from the larger BMWG community as a new
Work Item.

Please email your thoughts no later than 4 Nov 2004 to this list, or the

WG chairs, as to whether or not the BMWG should undertake this new
Work Item.

Al/Kevin

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg