Subject: [bmwg] hash-stuffing ID: change log from -00 to -01

From: David Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

BMWGers,

A diff between the -00 and -01 versions is available here:

http://tinyurl.com/5oj5t

Here is a summary of key changes:

--In section 3.2 on randomness, explicitly stated we seek output that is 
uniformly distributed across a pattern space

--In section 3.2 on randomness, specified the probability of generating a 
given pattern

--in section 4.2, added &FE operation to eliminate static Ethernet OUIs

--added section 4.3 on MPLS addresses

--In section 4.4 on network-layer addressability, extended recommendation 
to cover all forms of L3 aggregation.

--in section 5.2.1, corrected transition matrix

--In section 5.2.2 in bit stuffing for finite strings, finite string case 
no longer TBD.

--in sections 5.2.3 and 5.3.3, added probability formula for applied bit 
and byte stuffing, respectively. BTW, there's a minor bug in section 
5.3.3; bonehead author dn forgot to apply the rounded-down-to-nearest-int 
notation from section 5.2.2. We will fix this in -02.

--In section 8.2, added Knuth reference

dn/tcp

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg