Subject: [bmwg] IGP Convergence

From: Diego Dugatkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:23:07 -0700

Please find the following feedback on the IGP Convergence drafts:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-
05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth
-05.txt> 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-
05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term
-05.txt> 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-app-0
5.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-app-
05.txt> 

Overall, we find these drafts solid and have only a few small comments:

1.                Methodology doc, page 6: it was a bit confusing if they
were talking about reporting the timer values of the DUT or the emulated
devices.  One can assume it's the DUT but a word or two could make this
clearer.

2.                Methodology doc, page 6-8: in the test procedure for
4.1.1, steps 4 and 7 mention SONET specifically.  Unless these test cases
are only for SONET they should make this a more generic statement for
removing the layer-1 connection (e.g. disconnect an Ethernet cable).  The
same issue appears in the other test cases.

3.                Methodology doc, page 10:  test case 4.4 is missing step
5.

(I have also sent other comments directly to Scott, discussing precision of
the convergence time measurements based on the proposed methodology, and a
potential modification to that.)

Regards,

Dr. Diego Dugatkin

Principal Technologist

Ixia

26601 West Agoura Road

Calabasas, CA 91302 - U.S.A.

www.ixiacom.com <http://www.ixiacom.com> 

Tel. direct:  +1 (818) 444-3124

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg