Subject: [bmwg] RE: Methodology for benchmarking fast failover time with local protection Part 2

From: "Samir Vapiwala \(svapiwal\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:42:37 -0400

Scott,

I read your draft draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-04.txt and
realized that we could expand on the FRR benchmarking of the failover
times with all possible combination of topologies and additional test
cases.

So Jay and I came up with a write-up that could be merged to the
existing work of yours. Please take a look at this and let us know what
you and the co-authors of draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-04.txt
think ? 

I'm sending my draft  fragmented into 2 text files and attached in 2
different emails to stay within the limit of  25K mail size. 

Thanks,

Samir

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Rajiv Papneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:02:36 -0400

Samir,

Thanks for proposing additional scenarios for the Fast Reroute Protection
methodology. Upon reviewing your test cases, I believe that it might be a
good idea to merge the proposed work with the
draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-04.txt. This would help to make the work
already proposed more comprehensive and help us to be more focused. 

Regards,

Rajiv

  _____  

From: Samir Vapiwala (svapiwal) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] RE: Methodology for benchmarking fast failover time
withlocal protection Part 2

 Scott,

I read your draft draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-04.txt and realized
that we could expand on the FRR benchmarking of the failover times with all
possible combination of topologies and additional test cases.

So Jay and I came up with a write-up that could be merged to the existing
work of yours. Please take a look at this and let us know what you and the
co-authors of draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-04.txt think ? 

Thanks,

Samir