Subject: [bmwg] changes to hash and stuffing 05

From: David Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:13:32 -0800

Thanks to all who reviewed draft -04 and provided comments during last call.

Updates in draft -05 include:

--changing instances of "offered load" to "intended load" throughout

--rewording of objectives in sections 4 and 4.2.1

--in section 4.2, adding a paragraph clarifying that port numbers refer to
ports of the test instrument and not the DUT/SUT, to cover cases where
DUT/SUT port numbers may change during a test

--rewording of network-layer hashing requirements in section 4.4 (removed
language saying no hashing would occur)

--adding section 4.6 on packet payloads. Also, changed scattered references
from "addresses" to "contents" to indicate that payload contents may also be
considered as candidates for hashing and stuffing.

--in section 5.2, correcting references to RFC 1662 bit stuffing

--in section 5.2.1, relabeling diagram for clarity

--In section 5.2.2, clarifying wording

--adding two appendices, ""Proof of Formula for Finite Bit Stuffing" and
"Explicit Calculation of Bit Stuffing Overhead" giving a proof and an
example, respectively, of bit stuff math

dn/tcp

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg