Subject: [bmwg] New draft on MPLS forwarding Benchmarking: draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-00.txt

From: "Aamer Akhter \(aakhter\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:21:39 -0400

Hello BMWG,

We would like to bring to your attention a draft on basic MPLS forwarding that we have recently submitted to the IETF as an individual submission. The draft is not complete (as the empty test-cases will show), but after talking with  the BMWG chairs it was felt that sending a working copy would be a good way to kick-start a discussion on the mailing list. It is our hope that we can use the 'release early, release often' model to drive the draft.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-00.txt

If there are any concerns or changes that need to be made please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Aamer Akhter
Rajiv Asati
Mohamed Khalid

==================
I-D Announce:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS Benchmarking Methodology
	Author(s)	: A. Akhter, et al.
	Filename	: draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-4-10
	
The purpose of this draft is to describe methodology specific to the
benchmarking of MPLS forwarding devices.  It builds upon the tenets
set forth in [RFC2544], [RFC2432] and other IETF Benchmarking
Methodology Working Group (BMWG) efforts.  This document seeks to
extend these efforts to the MPLS paradigm.

The BMWG produces two major classes of documents: Benchmarking
Terminology documents and Benchmarking Methodology documents.  The
Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related terms.
The Methodology documents define the procedures required to collect
the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-00.txt

-- 
Aamer Akhter / [email-masked]
NSITE, cisco Systems
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg