Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call on Accelerated Stress Benchmarking Drafts

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:31:01 -0400

BMWG:

A WG Last Call period for the Internet-Drafts on

Terminology for Accelerated Stress Benchmarking
Methodology Guidelines for Accelerated Stress Benchmarking

will be open from 17 July 2006 through 28 August 2006 (6 weeks).

URLs for these Internet-Drafts are:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-term-09.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-05.txt

These versions incorporate comments resulting from implementation.
The authors believe that all comments from the working group
have been addressed, dating back to June 2003 when version 00
of the terminology draft was published.

These drafts are entering the BMWG Last Call Process. See
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/bmwg/current/msg00846.html
At this time, we are seeking volunteers to complete the
BMWG Last Call Review Template in the message of 4/27/04
titled, "Refinements to the BMWG Last Call Process".
Volunteers should contact [email-masked]
A copy of the template is available here:
http://home.comcast.net/~acmacm/IDcheck/LastCallTemplate.txt

Whether or not you decide to volunteer for the directed review,
please *read* and express your opinion on whether or not this
Internet-Draft should be given to the Area Directors for
consideration as an Informational RFC.  Send your comments
to this list or [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:46:47 -0400

Hi BMWG-ers,

When reviewing these documents, please keep in mind an excellent suggestion
from Scott Bradner that he made following the BMWG meeting in Montreal last
week.  The Instability Conditions as currently explained in the Methodology
are applied simultaneously.  While this is useful because it increases the
probability of measuring degraded performance, it is difficult to identify
which instability condition, or combination of instability conditions,
actually caused the degraded performance.  Scott's suggestion was therefore
to apply instability conditions in serial fashion to facilitate isolation of
performance degradation to a specific instability condition.  The authors
intend in the next revision to add a test case for this.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Morton [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 9:31 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] WG Last Call on Accelerated Stress Benchmarking Drafts

BMWG: