Subject: [bmwg] RE: discuss about BHSA for SIP Performance Benchmarking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:28:55 -0400

Hi Zhang,
 
BHSA is a benchmark in which any successfully established session (200 OK
received at Tester from DUT) remains established for the duration of the
call.  Do not send BYEs from the Tester to gracefully terminate the session
or do anything that terminates a successfully established session.  This
test puts additional load on the DUT because all previously established
sessions are maintained while new sessions are being negotiated at a rate of
X sessions per second.
 
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: sissi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: discuss about BHSA

Dear Mr.Poretsky,
    Sorry for bother you.
    I have a question about the definition of BHSA in
draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-00.txt. There has a sentence "Sessions do not
terminate for the BHSA" in discussion of Paragraph 3.3.6. I am confused with
this sentense.
    Does that mean the Emulated Agents continue to initiate sessions one by
one or every session that successfully established should be continue the
whole test duration?
    I have a colleague asked you yesterday.The answer is like the second
meaning.I don't agree with it.In the discussion of Paragraph 3.3.6, it said
the Measured Session Duration also should be reported at the same time that
means the sessions duration are not the same an hour(BHSA).
    In the normal condition,the session duration will be different,some is
short,some is longer.It shouldn't be the same. And the test duration maybe
not one hour, maybe 24 hours. What is the meaning of "Sessions do not
terminate for the BHSA" for this situation?
    I know something about BHCA(busy hour call attempt).The definition about
BHCA is different with your definitin about BHSA.
    I want to discuss this term with you ASAP.Thanks! 
    Looking forward to your reply!
   yours sincerely,Catherine
2006/7/19

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg