Subject: [bmwg] BMWG Agenda Slot Requests / Proposal Details / Slides

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:32:40 -0400

BMWG Authors, Editors, and Contributors:

Please plan to send me any requests for Agenda slots on your BMWG
contribution(s) no later close of business WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18.

Your request should include the detailed GOALS of the discussion slot.
What issues have been raised on the list that presentation will help
to resolve?
        (E.g., Regarding <draft-ietf-bmwg-foo>: a) resolve choice
        of dual DUT vs single DUT in section X.Y.Z, b) discuss
        newly proposed wording in section A.B.C,  c) resolve
        deadlock on WG List regarding section E.F.G wording,
        d) discuss suitability of draft for WG Last Call.)

For New Work proposals (and there seem to be more of these every time!),
the following additional info will be helpful:

        * The status of existing draft(s), if available.
        * A statement of the work that's being proposed, with a Scope,
          (or a link to a message in the archive that has this info).
        * Anything else you think is relevant.

 >>>> Please use the following format (this will help me greatly):

TOPIC: <name or title>
Discussion GOALS: <as above>
Draft file name, or preferably the complete URL: <draft-ietf-bmwg-foo>
Presenter: <name>

All this info will help to determine time allocation,
required WG membership preparation, and the discussion focus
in WG agenda statements.

Also (after the draft session agenda is published):

      All presentation materials submitted by NOVEMBER 1.
      *One* revision to the presentation allowed, >24hours before session.

This way, participants can use your slides as a
way to make *Reading The Drafts* more productive.  After all,
these meetings are where we try accomplish the work of
four "e-mail-months" by spending two hours together. Discussion
is the key - presentations should prompt the exchange of ideas
and resolution of controversial points.

Finally, a word about participation. We all know the definition of
Throughput, and applying it to our work plan, it means completing
the work in the queue before adding more. Did you help write a new draft?
Then read an old one, and make a contribution that helps it toward
completion.

As always, thanks for your collective contributions to BMWG!

Al
BMWG co-chair

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Silvija Andrijic Dry \(sdry\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:05:46 -0400

Hi Al,

We would like to get a slot on the agenda for the new draft "Multicast
VPN Scalability Benchmarking":
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt 

Goals of requested time slot:
- Introduce the problem of MVPN scalability benchmarking and need for
this draft
- Introduce MVPN Metric proposal
- Summarize proposed methodology
- Request BMWG to take it on as WG work item

Statement of proposed work:
   Multicast VPN (MVPN) is a service deployed by VPN service providers 
   to enable their customers to use IP multicast applications over VPNs.

   With the increased popularity the scalability of deploying such a 
   service is becoming of a great interest. This document defines 
   standard metric and test methodology for characterizing and comparing

   control plane MVPN scalability of Provider Edge (PE) devices that 
   implement MVPN service.  

There are no existing drafts on this subject that I'm aware of.

Thx,

Silvija

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Morton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] BMWG Agenda Slot Requests / Proposal Details / Slides

What issues have been raised on the list that presentation will help to
resolve?

TOPIC: <name or title>

All this info will help to determine time allocation, required WG
membership preparation, and the discussion focus in WG agenda
statements.

      All presentation materials submitted by NOVEMBER 1.
      *One* revision to the presentation allowed, >24hours before
session.

This way, participants can use your slides as a way to make *Reading The
Drafts* more productive.  After all, these meetings are where we try
accomplish the work of four "e-mail-months" by spending two hours
together. Discussion is the key - presentations should prompt the
exchange of ideas and resolution of controversial points.

Finally, a word about participation. We all know the definition of
Throughput, and applying it to our work plan, it means completing the
work in the queue before adding more. Did you help write a new draft?
Then read an old one, and make a contribution that helps it toward
completion.

Al
BMWG co-chair