Subject: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt

From: "Silvija Andrijic Dry \(sdry\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:18:19 -0400

BMWG members,

Please note the new draft addressing MVPN scalability benchmarking. This
is 
a draft in support of a new BMWG work proposal and authors would
appreciate feedback and readiness to discuss this topic in San Diego.

Btw, draft will be presented at both BMWG and MBONED meetings in San
Diego.

Thx,

Silvija

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Multicast VPN Scalability Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: S. Dry, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2006-10-12
	
    Multicast VPN (MVPN) is a service deployed by VPN service providers
    to enable their customers to use IP multicast applications over
VPNs.
    With the increased popularity the scalability of deploying such a
    service is becoming of a great interest. This document defines
    standard metric and test methodology for characterizing and
comparing
    control plane MVPN scalability of Provider Edge (PE) devices that
    implement MVPN service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get
draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Chip Popoviciu \(cpopovic\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:09:01 -0400

Silvija,

This is an excellent document. It is of great interest to all Service
Providers worldwide that provide VPN services and to any large
Enterprise deploying or planning to deploy an MPLS core. It is great to
see we decided to tackle it. I fully support this very important work.

I hope the size of the draft, which is understandable considering the
complexity of the subject, will not deter peole from reviewing it.

Best Regards,
Chip 

-----Original Message-----
From: Silvija Andrijic Dry (sdry) 
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-00.txt 

BMWG members,

Please note the new draft addressing MVPN scalability benchmarking. This
is a draft in support of a new BMWG work proposal and authors would
appreciate feedback and readiness to discuss this topic in San Diego.

Thx,

Silvija

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Content-Type: text/plain

ENCODING mime