Subject: RE: [bmwg] Comments on SIP term-02 and meth-00 drafts

From: "Poretsky, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:13:07 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Malas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:12 PM
To: Al Morton
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Comments on SIP term-02 and meth-00 drafts

I just read through these two drafts, and I agree with Al's assessment
on the last two metrics: Session Setup Delay and Session Teardown Delay.
These overlap with the metrics in the draft-malas-perfor...-05.txt.
IMO, they seem very "end-to-end" in nature, as opposed to benchmarking a
single DUT/SUT.

Or...are you benchmarking them in the following manner:
Session Setup Delay: From the time a UAC (DUT) receives an INVITE to the
time it responds with a 18x message

Session Teardown Delay: From the time the DUT/SUT receives a BYE to the
time it is able to respond with a 200

--Daryl

SCOTT> Yes we are benchmarking in that manner.  End-to-end session
setup/teardown delay is very dependent on that metric for the individual
DUT.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg