Subject: [bmwg] RE: [Sipping] draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs recovery

From: "Poretsky, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:55:37 -0500

I think it is worth mentioning that there is work in the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) to perform this type of SIP device benchmarking.  This can be found at:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-02.txt

and

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-00.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Fri 11/3/2006 9:23 PM
To: sipping; Jonathan Rosenberg
Subject: [Sipping] draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs recovery

A possible additional requirement....

Imagine a system (perhaps a single proxy) that could do 100cps. It is  
in steady state doing 80cps with very few retransmission. Then for 5  
minutes the incoming requests goes to 500cps then drops back to an  
incoming call rate of 80cps. The question is, how long before the  
system gets back to the state where it if is successfully processing  
all the 80cps?

I have seen systems that never recover - that is bad. I think one of  
the design goals is that it is at least possible to build to systems  
that recover back to steady state relatively quickly after an  
overload impulse.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg