Subject: [bmwg] hash-stuffing 07 change log

From: David Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:53:25 -0800

Thanks for your comments on hash-stuffing 06. The changes in 07 are
editorial, usually to clarify or emphasize the ID's intentions.

Here's the change log:

1. Introduction:

Added caveat that this document's scope is in the lab, not on production
networks

3.1 Repeatability:

Added text distinguishing between repeatability and reproducibility

Added text noting that patterns given are RECOMMENDEDs and not MUSTs

4.2 IEEE 802 MAC Addresses:

Changed section title and references in text from "Ethernet MAC" to
"IEEE 802 MAC addresses"

4.2.1  Randomized Sets of MAC Addresses:

Added caveat about 802.11 (and possibly other IEEE 802 MAC) cases where
MAC and IP patterns MUST remain consistent from trial to trial

5.2.1  Calculating Bit-Stuffing Probability:

Corrected bad page break

Appendix A Acknowledgements:

Added Tom Alexander and Dan Romanescu to list of reviewers

Appendix E Terminology:

Added new terminology section

Miscellaneous:

Corrected several typos and misspellings

Spelled out many acronyms on first reference

Added RFC 4748 legal boilerplate

dn/tcp

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg