Subject: [bmwg] BMWG Status from Al's POV

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:54:23 -0400

Folks,

We have about a month till the next meeting.
Below I've reproduced the Action Items from our
IETF-69 session and my view of progress.

If your name doesn't appear below, read a draft anyway,
and everyone can root for Kevin's BoSox.
They're the only org. I know of that seems to be ahead of schedule
(they were supposed to wait 86 years before winning another pennant).

Al
bmwg chair

===========================================================================

>Action Items
>
>Jay Karthik has volunteered to restart the BGP convergence methodology,
>and Rajiv Papneja also volunteered to help out.

Attempts to contact the existing authors have gone unanswered, AFAIK.

>David Ward will identify a RIP expert to consult on adding RIP to 
>the IGP Dataplane drafts, and a small group of volunteers to help 
>expand the scope
>and resolve the DISCUSS comments.

A design team was formed in August. There have been revisions to the drafts,
and there are more comments to deal with now.

>The IPv6 Author team will look into whether a reference to the Hash and
>Stuffing RFC 4814 is appropriate in their memo.  They will also pursue the
>frame size issue on the list. WGLC ends on August 10.

The third WGLC call closed with 2 minor comments. Version-04 addresses them.
I have waited in case any late comments arrived (they didn't),
so I am declaring consensus and preparing the publication request.

>All authors to check that their drafts print-out properly, with no line
>wraps. Margins to body text should be 3 spaces, no more.

Please do this.

>Regarding the IPsec drafts, folks should read and comment on the 
>need for an IKE flood scenario and whether the back-to-back test 
>should be included. Scott Poretsky, Rajiv Papneja, Muninder Sambi, 
>Sanjay Hooda, and Benno Overinder all volunteered to review the 
>IPsec drafts. Jerry Perser also volunteered to help Merike finish 
>the documents.

No action here, AFAIK.

>There's lots of work being proposed, so the WG needs to read these drafts too
>and comment on what is most relevant to do next.

The ball's in your court, BMWG.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg