Subject: RE: [bmwg] Updated:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt

From: "Silvija Andrijic Dry (sdry)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:40:01 -0500

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for reviewing the document and supporting this work.
 
That's good point. Being IPv6 version agnostic would be beneficial long
term however at this time IPv6 is not within current document scope. We
will consider that possibility for the next document version and make
explicit statement in the scope either way we decide.

Thanks,
Silvija

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve) 
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:13 AM
To: Silvija Andrijic Dry (sdry); [email-masked]
Cc: NAPIERALA, MARIA H, ATTLABS
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Updated:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt 

Hi Silvija and author team,

Nice document.

Would it be desirable (possible) to have the work IP version agnostic? 

It is a brief question, but 'if' IPv6 gets full addoption the
impact/value of the draft is amplified. If it is not within the
forecasted scope then maybe a note in abstract or the introduction could
have value?

Nice to see this work happening,
Groetjes,
G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Silvija Andrijic Dry (sdry)
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: NAPIERALA, MARIA H, ATTLABS
Subject: [bmwg] Updated:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt 

Hi BMWG members,

We would like to solicit your feedback on the new version of MVPN
scalability benchmarking proposal:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt

Note that in rev 03 we made couple of major changes based on feedback
from IETF68, namely:
- scope is modified to include both generic sections applicable to all
MVPN architectures specified in "draft-ietf- l3vpn-2547bis-mcast" and
sections specific to widely deployed "rosen-8" architecture
- metric is changed to be architecture agnostic
- text is rewritten to address changed scope of the document

We are looking forward to the discussion in Vancouver. And for those of
you that won't be able to attend the meeting we would greatly appreciate
your comments sent to the mailing list.

Thanks,
Authors

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 2:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Multicast VPN Scalability Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: S. Dry, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 2007-11-9
	
Multicast VPN (MVPN) is a service deployed by VPN service providers 
   to enable their customers to use IP multicast applications over VPNs.

   With the increased popularity the scalability of deploying such a 
   service is becoming of a great interest. This document defines 
   standard metric and test methodology for characterizing and comparing

   control plane MVPN scalability of Provider Edge (PE) devices that 
   implement MVPN service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get
draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg