Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Methodology Guidelines for Accelerated Stress Benchmarking
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-02-25

Routers in an operational network are configured with multiple 
protocols and security policies while simultaneously forwarding 
traffic and being managed.  To accurately benchmark a router for 
deployment it is necessary to test the router in a lab environment
under accelerated conditions, which is known as Stress Testing.  
This document provides the Methodology Guidelines for performing 
Accelerated Stress Benchmarking of networking devices.  
The methodology is to be used with the companion terminology 
document [4].  These guidelines can be used as the basis for 
additional methodology documents that benchmark stress conditions 
for specific network technologies.

 for Accelerated Stress Benchmarking

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg