Subject: [bmwg] draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-*, inter-area convergence, ispf

From: "Ilya Varlashkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:26:46 +0100

Hello,

I've mentioned on jabber during IETF-71 that current
draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-* don't care whether routes are
intra-area or inter-area, or whether ispf is used. While aim is to know
as little as possible about implementation being benchmarking, still
these two features are integral part of protocol itself and not
particular implementation. Most noticible difference in performance may
be observed when benchmarking e.g. IS-IS Level-1 router and simulating
link flap outside of the area - only PRC will be run and not complete
SPF, on the other hand more events will take place if failure is outside
given area (route calculations will need to be done before correlated
information propagated outside of the area). It might be benifical for
network designers to know more about test scenario than currently
proposed by the drafts.

What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers,
iLya
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Poretsky, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:32:52 -0400

Hi Ilya,

The document allows the person running the test to select the route table to be used.

Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon Mar 17 05:26:46 2008
Subject: [bmwg] draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-*, inter-area convergence,ispf

Hello,

Cheers,
iLya