Subject: [bmwg] Comments about "draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt"

From: "Bill Cerveny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:46:37 -0400

Hi Scott, Shankar,

I'm not at IETF this time, but I had a chance to look over your
accelerated benchmarking methodology draft.  My comments are below. I
hope you find them useful and please feel free to contact me if you have
questions.

My comments are mostly grammatical in nature, including my standard
comment that many words are capitalized that shouldn't be (there are
more incorrectly capitalized words in the document that I didn't list
below).

Bill Cerveny

Notes on accelerated methodology

   1. Section 1
          * Lower case "Methology"and "Stress Benchmarking" in "This
          document provided the Methodology for performing Stress
          Benchmarking ..." Lower case nouns in "Descriptions of Test
          Topology,  Benchmarks and Reporting Format"
   2. In "These benefits produce ..." change "Planning router resources
   for growth and scale" to "Router resources planned for growth and
   scale".  I admit I'm not totally happy with the rephrasing, but the
   line does match list items above it ... list items above this line
   essentially describe nouns (or something material) whereas this line
   is an action.
   3. s/Each plane MAY be emulated by single or multiple test
   equipment./Each plane MAY be emulated by single or    multiple pieces
   of test equipment.
   4. Lower case condition set
   5. s/Management sessions SHOULD be opened simultaneously and be
   repeatedly open and closed using/Management sessions SHOULD be opened
   simultaneously and be repeatedly opened and closed using/
   6. Clarify: Do you mean that commands should be showed or that "show"
   CLI commands be entered?: "Open management sessions SHOULD have valid
   and invalid configuration and show commands entered."
   7. Lower case firewalls
   8. s/valid and invalid configuration and /valid and invalid
   configurations and /
   9. Incomplete sentence: "The information that are the Configuration
   Sets, Instability Conditions, and Benchmarks, as defined in [4]."
   Perhaps rephrase paragraph as "Each methodology requires reporting of
   information (configuration sets, instability conditions and
   benchmarks as defined in [4]) for test repeatability when
   benchmarking the same or different devices." or "Each methodology
   requires reporting of information for test repeatability when
   benchmarking the same or different devices. Information reported
   should include configuration sets, instability conditions and
   benchmarks as defined in [4]."
  10. lower case parameters except for first word
  11. Lower case words in section 4, "stress test procedure" procedure
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Poretsky, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:50:32 -0400

Thanks Bill.  This is excellent input.  

Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cerveny [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 10:47 AM
To: Poretsky, Scott; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Comments about "draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-09.txt"

Hi Scott, Shankar,

Bill Cerveny

   1. Section 1