Subject: [bmwg] IPsec drafts - implementation issues

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:32:52 +0200

Hi Merike,

Just when we thought we had finished this round...

I have been looking at the IPsec drafts with our performance lab people, 
and we have some questions regarding our ability to implement some of 
the tests.

Background:

For performance testing, we use COTS test equipment from the large 
equipment vendors. The equipment is IPsec-aware, but used in a black-box 
fashion. For example, you cannot pause between IKE phase 1 and phase 2 
negotiation.

Specifics (all related to the methodology draft):

    * Tests 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 all require "single stepping" the different
      negotiation phases.
    * Similarly for 13.1 and 13.2.
    * Sec. 14 (this is NOT an implementation issue:) in addition to the
      many-tunnels case, we would also like to benchmark the
      single-tunnel, maximum throughput failover case. This is similar
      to many real life deployments of site-to-site VPNs.

Thanks,
    Yaron

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg