Subject: Re: [bmwg] New LDP Convergence Methodology and Terminology IDs

From: "Jay Karthik (jakarthi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:54:19 -0500

Markus,
 
Thanks for your comments. We will be addressing all these comments in
the next version.  
 
Please see my response inline (Jay:).
 
Cheers,
Jay
 
________________________________

From: Jork, Markus [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 5:48 PM
To: Jay Karthik (jakarthi); [email-masked]
Cc: Rajiv Papneja; [email-masked]; Mohan Nanduri; Bob
Thomas (rhthomas)
Subject: RE: New LDP Convergence Methodology and Terminology IDs

Jay/authors,

I agree with Andrey that this draft addresses basic LDP convergence
nicely but one could think of additional details/cases that might be
worth measuring.

Jay - Markus. We agree with you. We are planning to add ECMP, Targeted
LDP sessions, PHP vs. Non PHP cases etc in the next revision. If you had
anything else besides this, please let us know.

The draft notes multiple times that the methodology is independent of
the IGP being used. While that is true, it does seem a bit misleading to
me. What you are measuring is the combined convergence of a given IGP +
LDP. Numbers you get for OSPF may be different from what you measure for
ISIS. I think the draft should state this more clearly that you aren't
really measuring LDP convergence by itself but rather IGP+LDP
convergence.

Jay - True,  We will make that clear and add pointers to the IGP
reference for pure IGP readings

One nit: in section 6, the examples you give for the "IGP used for the
test" parameter are "ISIS-TE/ OSPF-TE". That seems odd as the TE
extensions are not relevant here. Why not just "ISIS / OSPF"?

Jay - You are right. We will just call it as you suggested

Markus

From: Jay Karthik (jakarthi) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Rajiv Papneja; [email-masked]; Mohan Nanduri;
Jork, Markus; Bob Thomas (rhthomas); [email-masked]
Subject: New LDP Convergence Methodology and Terminology IDs

Hello BMWGers,

We have incorporated all the comments received thus far. Can you please
review the following revisions and send your comments/questions ?

LDP Convergence Methodology - (Includes comments from Bob Thomas and Al)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karthik-bmwg-ldp-convergence-m
eth-02.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karthik-bmwg-ldp-convergence-
meth-02.txt> 

LDP Convergence Terminology - (Nits addressed)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eriksson-ldp-convergence-term-
05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eriksson-ldp-convergence-term
-05.txt> 

Thanks,

The Author Team

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg