Subject: [bmwg] RFC 5180 on IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5180

        Title:      IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology for Network 
                    Interconnect Devices 
        Author:     C. Popoviciu, A. Hamza,
                    G. Van de Velde, D. Dugatkin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41712
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5180.txt

The benchmarking methodologies defined in RFC 2544 are IP version
independent.  However, RFC 2544 does not address some of the
specificities of IPv6.  This document provides additional
benchmarking guidelines, which in conjunction with RFC 2544, lead to a
more complete and realistic evaluation of the IPv6 performance of
network interconnect devices.  IPv6 transition mechanisms are outside
the scope of this document.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg