Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-10-15

This document describes the terminology for benchmarking Interior 
Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.
The terminology is to 
be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through externally 
observable (black box) data plane measurements.  The terminology 
can be applied to any link-state IGP, such as ISIS and OSPF.

Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:01:48 +0200

Hello BMWG-ers,

Here is the summary of changes in this revision of the draft:

Terminology
1.  Fixed TOC

2. Updated 3.3 Full Convergence Discussion with "Full convergence MAY be
measured using Rate-Derived Convergence Time (3.13) or calculated using
Loss-Derived Convergence Time (3.14).  When performing Route-Specific
Convergence (3.5) measurements, Full Convergence may be obtained by
measuring the maximum Route Specific Convergence Time (3.15). "

3. Updated 3.15 Route-Specific Convergence Time discussion by closing
with "In this case Full Convergence = max(Route-Specific Convergence
Time)."

4. Updated 3.16 Sustained Convergence Validation Time with "The BMWG
selected 5 seconds based upon RFC 2544 [Ba99] which recommends waiting 2
seconds for residual frames to arrive and 5 seconds for DUT
restabilization."

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Link-State IGP
Data Plane Route Convergence
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-16.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-10-15

This document describes the terminology for benchmarking Interior
Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.
The terminology is to
be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through externally
observable (black box) data plane measurements.  The terminology can be
applied to any link-state IGP, such as ISIS and OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-t
erm-16.txt