Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-10-15

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Interior 
Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.
The methodology is to 
be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through externally 
observable (black box) data plane measurements.  The methodology 
can be applied to any link-state IGP, such as ISIS and OSPF.

 Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: "Scott Poretsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:03:14 +0200

Hello BMWG-ers,

Here is the summary of changes in this revision of the draft:

Methodology
1. Section 3.1 Test Topologies - Figure 1 discussion - "account for"
changed to "include"

2. Section 3.2.8 - Added discussion that Full Convergence can be
benchmarked by the max (Route-Specific Convergence Time)

3. Added Section 3.2.9 Test Capabilities

4. Section 4 Test Cases added to step 5 "Measure Full Convergence from".

5. For all test cases updated step 4 or 5 with "This is the Convergence
Event that produces the Convergence Event Instant".

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Link-State IGP
Data Plane Route Convergence
	Author(s)       : S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-16.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-10-15

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Interior
Gateway Protocol (IGP) Route Convergence.
The methodology is to
be used for benchmarking IGP convergence time through externally
observable (black box) data plane measurements.  The methodology can be
applied to any link-state IGP, such as ISIS and OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-m
eth-16.txt